Friday, October 18, 2013

PUZZLE

Previous Puzzle Solution:  

Without changing the order of the letters, place the four letter words on the dashes to form eight letter words. 
Veto, Rake, Hilt, Clam, Tile

1. __ um__ __ i __ y = humilty
2. Pro __ __ __ i __ =  proclaim
3. __ err __ b __ __ = terrible
4. __ __ xa __ i __ n = vexation
5. Ove __ t __ __ __ = overtake


New Puzzle:  

Remove the nine letters one by one from the word STARTLING; each letter removed, should leave another word. Example: MATE—remove E and the remaining word is MAT.

6 comments:

Sarah B (155) said...

STARTLING
-Starling
--Staring
---String
----Sting
-----ting
------tin
-------in
--------I

Unknown said...

Startling
Starling
Staring
String
Sting
Ting
Tin
In
I

TheresaH said...

STARTLING
STARLING
STARING
STRING
STING
SING
SIN
IN
I

MarshaR said...

Startling
Starling
Staring
String
Sting
Sing
Sin
In
I

Michael said...

I had to check the dictionary to see if "ting" should count!

But it looks like we have two solutions.

Well done.

Norma W. English 155 said...

startling
starling
staring
string
sting
sing
sin
in
I