Friday, September 19, 2014

*TIME CHANGE*

Change the time in the following sentences by using a different verb tense and replacing any necessary time clues. Each student should choose a different verb tense.

Summer is almost over, yet I have not been able to do some of my favourite activities as the weather has not cooperated. I have not been able to eat dinner on the patio because of the mosquitoes and wasps, and I have not been able to relax outside with a book. Whenever I have gone outside, I have had to cover up well. 

2 comments:

Byron U said...

This is a tricky one, I'm not sure if I have got this one right but here is my best go.


Summer is almost upon us, I hope I can do some of my favourite activities as long as the weather corporates. I hope to eat dinner on the patio, and relax outside with a book. Whenever I go outside, I will have to cover up well, the mosquitoes and wasps can be horrific. Maybe I should invest in some bug spray to combat the problem before it arises? Naa ill just wait till the end of summer and complain about it.

Michael said...

Good effort, Byron U. Trying to shift this to the future is not easy. But you have a few errors with your punctuation and you have changed the content of the sentences a little more than you needed to. Here is an example:

Summer is almost here, yet I will not be able to do some of my favourite activities as the weather will not cooperate. I will not be able to eat dinner on the patio because of the mosquitoes and wasps, and I will not be able to relax outside with a book. Whenever I go outside, I have to cover up well.