Friday, February 14, 2014

PREVIOUS GRAMMAR QUESTION

I am always eating my dinner late while I get home at 8:00 pm but the food is warmed quick in a microwave we brought at a neighbours garage sale.

1. Verb tense: 

For repeated actions use the simple present tense: change “am eating” to “eat”.

2. Word confusion: 

With a specific time reference, use ‘when” not “while”.

3. Word form: 

The adverb is “quickly”--“quick” is an adjective.

4. Word confusion: 

The word needed here is “bought”. The simple past tense of “buy”; “brought” is the past tense of “bring”.

5.  Missing word: 

The correct usage is “to warm [something] up”: “the food is warmed up”.

6.  Article usage: 

A specific microwave is referred to, so use the definite article (“the”). 

7. Punctuation: 

Use a comma before a coordinating conjunction (but) when it separates 2 independent clauses. Also note that an apostrophe is needed in neighbours (neighbour’s) because it is a possessive noun.

8. Capitalization: 

Capitalize PM. (MLA format).



Suggested solution

I always eat my dinner late when I get home at 8:00 PM, but the food is quickly warmed up in the microwave we bought at a neighbour’s garage sale.

7 comments:

Jess #ENGL155 said...

I always eat my dinner late when I get home at 8:00PM, but the food warms quickly in the microwave we purchased at a neighbour's garage sale.

Roland said...

While not getting home until 8:00 pm, I always have to eat my dinner late, but for buying a microwave at a neighbours garage sale it kept my food warm.

Roland said...

I will go to the store when you get home from school, because you may want to buy something yourself.

Roland said...

The snow had fell quick last night.

The students who are going on a picnic ran quickly to catch the bus.

Roland said...

I bought you a drink yesterday, but you didn't drank it.

Tomorrow will be the right time to buy a new truck, because you would saved 65 percent of the sales tax.

Today, I brought a friend over from school to take my ski-doo for a run.

On Sunday I will bring my cousin to a fire if he's listen.

Roland said...

Every evening I would to warm up my food before eating it.

Michael said...

That's another possible solution, Jess. Well done.

Keep in mind, Jess and Roland, that this is just the solution to the previous grammar question, so I'm not really expecting any more attempts to answer it here. Be sure to have a look at this week's grammar question!

Also, Roland, I'm not sure why you're posting all those other comments here. Be sure to post your comments in the relevant section, so people know what you're responding to.