Friday, May 23, 2014

*TIME CHANGE*

Change the time in the following sentences by using a different verb tense and replacing any necessary time clues. Each student should choose a different verb tense.

My parents will arrive for a visit tomorrow. I am worried that they might feel a little crowded in my small apartment and wish that they had gone to a hotel instead. They will have to sleep on a futon in the living room, and we will all have to share the bathroom. It could be awkward for everyone.

3 comments:

jenniferri25 ENGL155 said...

My parents arrived for a visit yesterday. I am worried that they are feeling a little crowded in my small apartment and wishing they had gone to a hotel instead. They are sleeping on a futon in the living room, and we all have to share the bathroom. It is awkward for everyone.

krisla Eng 155 said...

My parents are arriving for a visit today. I worry that they might feel a little crowded in my small apartment and wished that they had gone to a hotel instead. They will be sleeping on a futon in the living room, and we all will share the bathroom. It will be awkward for everyone.

Michael said...

Very good, both of you.

krisla, be careful with the verb "wished" following "and". The tense seems a little odd. To keep the structure parallel, you should use the simple present:

"...they might feel...and [they might] wish..."