Thursday, November 26, 2015

*ALL CHANGE!*

Change the words in the sentence below as indicated.

Please change only the exact word in the sequence given. Each participant should build on the changes made by the previous participant.

For instance, if the original sentence is "Benson hurriedly told the bad news to his friends":


participant 1 could write "#1 Subject Noun: Michael hurriedly told the bad news to his friends";


participant 2 could then write "#2 Direct Object Noun: Michael hurriedly told the bad joke to his friends";


participant 3 could then write "#3 Indirect Object Noun: Michael hurriedly told the bad joke to his wife";

etc.


You are free to make as many changes as you wish. Just remember to number each change (and indicate the part of speech) so it is clear to everyone where we are on the list.


Participants who make all 7 changes will receive 2 bonus marks for their efforts.

When all 7 changes have been made, return to the top of the list and continue.


Here is the sentence:


My father always gives my brother and me the perfect gift for Christmas.

Changes:                                                                                                                          

1. subject noun

2. direct object noun          
3. indirect object noun                  
4. adjective(s)
5. adverb(s)    
6. verb name      
7. verb tense

5 comments:

jasminefo said...

1. subject noun – My mother always gives my brother and me the perfect gift for Christmas.
2. direct object noun – My mother always gives my brother and me the perfect present for Christmas.
3. indirect object noun– My mother always gives my grandparents the perfect present for Christmas.
4. adjective(s) – My mother always gives my grandparents the best present for Christmas.
5. adverb(s) – My mother thoughtfully gives my grandparents the best present for Christmas.
6. verb name – My mother thoughtfully offers my grandparents the best present for Christmas.
7. verb tense – My mother thoughtfully offered my grandparents the best present for Christmas.

Rajwah Alq said...

1. subject noun- My uncle always gives my brother and me the perfect gift for Christmas.
2. direct object noun- My uncle always gives my brother and me the perfect present for Christmas.
3. indirect object noun- My uncle always gives my parent the perfect present for Christmas.
4. adjective(s)- My uncle always gives my parent the most beautiful present for Christmas.
5. adverb(s)- My uncle finally gives my parent the most beautiful present for Christmas.
6. verb name- My uncle finally provides my parent with the most beautiful present for Christmas.
7. verb tense- My uncle finally provided my parent with the most beautiful present for Christmas.

ArzooA177 said...

1. subject noun- My aunt always gives my brother and me the perfect gift for Christmas.
2. direct object noun- My aunt always gives my brother and me the perfect toy for Christmas.
3. indirect object noun- My aunt always gives my cousins the perfect toy for Christmas.
4. adjective(s)- My aunt always gives my cousins the newest toy for Christmas.
5. adverb(s)- My aunt sometimes gives my cousins the newest toy for Christmas.
6. verb name- My aunt sometimes presents my cousins with the newest toy for Christmas.
7. verb tense- My aunt sometimes presented my cousins with the newest toy for Christmas.

Henry- Oluwafemi Agbaje said...

1. subject noun- My friend sometimes presented my cousins with the newest toy for Christmas.
2. direct object noun- My friend sometimes presented my cousins with the newest clothes for Christmas.
3. indirect object noun- My friend sometimes presented my kids with the newest clothes for Christmas.
4. adjective(s)- My friend sometimes presented my kids with the warmest clothes for Christmas.
5. adverb(s)- My friend often presented my kids with the warmest clothes for Christmas.
6. verb name- My friend often surprised my kids with the warmest clothes for Christmas.
7. verb tense- My friend often would surprise my kids with the warmest clothes for Christmas.

Michael said...

Excellent!