Thursday, July 7, 2016

*TIME CHANGE*

Change the time in the following sentences by using a different verb tense and replacing any necessary time clues. Each student should choose a different verb tense.

On July 1st, Canada Day, I will go down town and watch the parade that will go from City Hall to River Park. I will follow the parade to the park and watch the Citizenship ceremony that will take place in the afternoon. My neighbours will be getting their citizenship at this ceremony, and I will be there to congratulate them and celebrate this achievement with them.

3 comments:

Janis B said...

On July 1st, Canada Day, I went downtown and watched the parade that went from City Hall to River Park. I followed the parade to the park and watched the Citizenship ceremony that took place in the afternoon. My neighbours got their citizenship at this ceremony, and I was there to congratulate them and celebrate that achievement with them.

Suzanne 177 said...

Today, on Canada day, I go downtown to watch the parade that goes from from the City Hall to River Park. I follow the parade to the park and watch the Citizenship ceremony that takes place every year. Today, my neighbours get their citizenship at this ceremony, and I am there to congratulate them and celebrate this achievement with them.

Michael said...

Good job, both of you.

But, Suzanne, I'm not sure how well the simple present works in this example. Strangely (and perhaps confusingly), the simple present in contexts like this to convey future action. In that case, however, "I am there" seems out of place. I think the present continuous might have been a better choice:

Today, on Canada day, I am going downtown to watch the parade that goes from from the City Hall to River Park. I am following the parade to the park and watching the Citizenship ceremony that takes place every year. Today, my neighbours are getting their citizenship at this ceremony, and I am going to be there to congratulate them and celebrate this achievement with them.