Friday, November 15, 2013

TIME CHANGE

Change the time of this paragraph. You will need to change the verb tense and any time clues. Each participant should choose a different time change and verb tense.

This coming Saturday, I will take my daughter to the mall to see Santa for the first time. I expect she will be apprehensive of this old gentleman with his big, bushy beard and  hearty laugh. However, maybe she will  surprise me and embrace the idea once she will realize that there will be a gift at the end of it. I am hoping she will stay happy so that we will have a nice, smiling photo of her when the photographer will take her picture.

4 comments:

Sarahba50 (155) said...

Present tense:
Today I am with my daughter at the mall, to see Santa for the first time. Expecting her to be apprehensive of the old gentleman with his big, bushy beard and hearty laugh, she is surprising me and embracing the idea -- I think it's because she realizes there is a gift at the end of it. She seems to be happy and is smiling as the photographer takes her picture.

ShelleyH Eng155 said...

Past tense:
Last Saturday, I took my daughter to the mall to see Santa for the first time. I expected that she would be apprehensive of the old gentleman who had a big, bushy beard and hearty laugh. However, she surprised me and embraced the idea once she realized that there was a gift at the end of it. She was happy, and that resulted in a nice, smiling photo of her taken by photographer.

Yosua ENGL155 said...

PRESENT CONTINUOUS.

Right now, I am taking my daughter to the mall to see Santa for the first time. I am expecting that she will be apprehensive of this old man with his big, bushy beard and hearty laugh. However, she is surprising me and embracing the idea now that she is realizing that there is going to be a gift at the end of it. I am hoping she stays happy so when the photographer is taking the picture we have a nice, smiling photo of her.

Michael said...

Sarah, watch out for the dreaded "dangling participle":

"Expecting her to be apprehensive of the old gentleman with his big, bushy beard and hearty laugh, she is surprising me and embracing the idea."