Thursday, October 15, 2015

*ALL CHANGE!*

Change the words in the sentence below as indicated.

Please change only the exact word in the sequence given. Each participant should build on the changes made by the previous participant.

For instance, if the original sentence is "Benson hurriedly told the bad news to his friends":


participant 1 could write "#1 Subject Noun: Michael hurriedly told the bad news to his friends";


participant 2 could then write "#2 Direct Object Noun: Michael hurriedly told the bad joke to his friends";


participant 3 could then write "#3 Indirect Object Noun: Michael hurriedly told the bad joke to his wife";

etc.


You are free to make as many changes as you wish. Just remember to number each change (and indicate the part of speech) so it is clear to everyone where we are on the list.


When all 7 changes have been made, return to the top of the list and continue.


Here is the sentence:


My new accountant kindly offered me some financial advice.

Changes:                                                                                                                          

1. subject noun

2. direct object noun          
3. indirect object noun                  
4. adjective(s)
5. adverb(s)    
6. verb name      
7. verb tense

7 comments:

Helenaer said...

1. Subject Noun- My new husband kindly offered me some financial advice.

jasminefo said...

1. subject noun – My new husband kindly offered me some financial advice.
2. direct object noun – My new husband kindly offered me some financial tips.
3. indirect object noun – My new husband kindly offered us some financial tips.
4. adjective(s) - Your ex-husband kindly offered us more fitness tips.
5. adverb(s) – Your ex-husband generously offered us more fitness tips.
6. verb name – Your ex-husband generously gave us more fitness tips.
7. verb tense – Your ex-husband generously gives us more fitness tips.

Henry- Oluwafemi Agbaje said...

I am a bit confused by what Jasmine has done, so I will start from 2.- take over Helen's start.

My new husband kindly offered me some financial assistance.

Unknown said...

My new husband timidly offers me financial assistance.

ArzooA177 said...

4. adjective-My new husband timidly offers me outstanding financial assistance.

Rajwah Alq said...

5. Adverb- My new husband FINALLY offers me outstanding financial assistance.

Michael said...

Good try, everyone.

Henry, next time you could just continue from where the previous participant ended. In this case, you could have returned to the top of the list and continued with the sentence "Your ex-husband generously gives us more fitness tips".

Jasmine, I'm not sure why you changed the possessive pronoun in line 4.

Janet, remember to number your change. In this case, it look like your skipped to 5.